Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Australia unprepared for national disasters

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/05/07/2237318.htm?section=australia

A report to be released today finds that Australia has more to fear from natural disasters than a terrorist attack.

The Australian Strategic Policy Institute (ASPI) report says Australia is not well placed to deal with a major natural disaster and governments need to pay more attention to emergency response management.

The report finds that since September 11, 2001, governments have spent around $10 billion on counter-terrorism initiatives, but only $500 million on emergency response capabilities.

1 comment:

Magazine Australia said...

I thought it was going to be some boring old post, but it really compensated for my time. I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...